Addon list legend
about each column in the Gramps Third-party Addons List.
Addon / Documentation
This is a link to documentation on this Addon. Users should read the documentation before installing any Addons.
There are a variety of types of plugins/addons, including:
- Importer (IMPORT) - adds additional file format import options to Gramps
- Exporter (EXPORT) - adds additional file format export options to Gramps
- Gramplet (GRAMPLET) - adds a new interactive interface section to a Gramps view mode, which can be activated by right-clicking on the dashboard View or from the menu of the Sidebar/Bottombar in the other view categories.
- Gramps View (mode) (VIEW) - adds a new view mode to the list of views available within a View Category
- Map Service (MAPSERVICE) - adds new mapping options to Gramps
- Plugin lib (GENERAL) - libraries that are present giving extra functionality. Can add, replace and or modifies built-in Gramps options.
- Quickreport/Quickview (QUICKREPORT) - a view that you can run by right-clicking on object, or if a person quickview, then through the Quick View Gramplet
- Report (REPORT) - adds a new output report / includes Website - output a static genealogy website based on your Gramps Family Tree data.
- Rule (RULE) - adds new filter rules.
- Tool (TOOL) - adds a utility that helps process data from your family tree.
- Doc creator (DOCGEN)
- Relationships (RECALC)
- Sidebar (SIDEBAR)
- Database (DATABASE) - add support for another database backend. new for version 5.0
- Thumbnailer (THUMBNAILER) - ⚡new for version 5.2.0
- Citation formatter (CITE) - ⚡new for version 5.2.0
An image of the addon.
A brief description of the addon.
The Use column indicates who might receive the most benefit out of the addon. Common categories of users:
- Beginning user
- Normal user
- Intermediate user
- Expert user
Rating (out of 4)
The Rating should give an indication of the software development state of the addon:
- 0 Star - initial version, basic framework defined, does not work correctly, please help
- 1 Star - partially working with some functionality, but much more work is needed; needs testing
- 2 Stars - about half done, works, but more work is needed for it to be complete; needs more testing
- 3 Stars - some known issues, but mostly complete
- 4 Stars - complete, works well, fully tested
Use the shown link to report issues or request features, or provide feedback to the author.
Use this link to download the addon for manual installation if you do not have an Internet connection.
- the _pluginreg.py module has the current list of plugin types that Gramps can register