Addon:Collections Clipboard Gramplet
This is a Third-party Addon.
Please use carefully on data that is backed up, and help make it better by reporting any comments or problems to the author, or issues to the bug tracker
The Collections Clipboard Gramplet is similar to the built-in Clipboard except that it provides a way to create collections of objects which are persistent over time.
You can watch an older version of the Clipboard Gramplet in action(Created:2010/07/29).
You can select multiple items from any of the Category list views and drag and drop them onto the Collections Clipboard Gramplet.
To delete entries, select them and press the delete key.
Double-click selections to bring up the object editor.
Select one (or more) items, and then right-click gives the following context popup menu options:
- See Item details - will show the first selected item in an editor
- Make Item active - will make the first selected item active in the item view
- Create Filter from selected Items - will turn all of the selected items (which are of the same type as the first selected item) into a filter
Collections Clipboards will remain persistent between sessions, and you can mix items from different databases. However, you can't drag and drop items from one database into another.
There are several Collections Clipboard objects that are entirely self-contained. These may be dropped indiscriminately into any database:
- URL - Internet addresses. Including: eMail, ftp, website
- Address - full postal addresses with phone numbers
- Attribute - custom attributes
You can sort the columns (type, title, and value) of the gramplet.
Multiple Collections Clipboards
You can add as many Collections Clipboards gramplets as desired to the Dashboard. A single instance can be attached to each of the Gramplet splitbars (sidebar and bottombar in the View menu) in the other view Categories. Each instance will have a separate collection of associated objects.
Clicking on the title of a docked Dashboard gramplet allows renaming the instance to something more meaningful. (Gramplets in Sidebars and bottombars cannot be renamed.) The names of undocked gramplets will be shown in the Windows menu.
- Using the Clipboard - The built in Clipboard whose storage is persistent only within a single Gramps session. Closing the window will not lose the stored records. However, exiting Gramps will.