Develop an Add-on Rule
It would be better if they were harmonized.
I suspect any variant of <ID> would ambiguous because sometimes these rules (while needing a Person Gramps ID) are in different category custom rules.
What should the standard nomenclature be for the rule names, descriptions & documentation?
Using add-ons to design and test flight Filter Rule
Designing and optimizing a quality query can be challenging. Even a slow rough-cut query is acceptable for a single-use. But clean and fast code is vital to a frequently used add-on Filter Rule.
There are some power tool add-ons to help when designing queries, testing them and optimize their runtimes.
Particularly, using SuperTool design a rough query, the Query Gramplet to experiment with optimizations, the Generic custom rules to commit the query to a something usable with Custom Filters, and FilterParams to tune is one way to use add-ons in concert.
Converting a query to an add-on Filter Rule
Publishing a new Filter Rule
- Developer documentation
- Filter Gramps Glossary definition
- based on the Gramps Discourse forum archived threads:
- In in MantisBT bug reporter for Gramps
- Feature Requests for add-on custom filter Rules. (Filter for "filter, rule")
- 0011689: [GrampsAIO-5.1.2-new_libs_win64] Active and Default Person filter rules