What is Graph View
Graph View is a view plugin that presents a navigable descendant tree using the current active person as a starting point. Clicking another person in the family tree will make that person the active person and will redraw the family tree based on them.
- The active person is highlighted
- Clicking a person will redraw the family tree based on that person
- Clicking the active person will show the parent family of the active person, thereby allowing previous generations to be shown
- The view can be panned by using mouse click and drag. Select the background of the tree and drag the mouse to pan the view
- The view can be zoomed using a slider
- A right mouse click on a person or family node shows the person or family editor as appropriate
- The view redraws in response to changes made to a person or family. Right click a family to add or delete a spouse or child.
The Graph View plugin can be installed from within Gramps. Go to Edit -> Preferences and click the 'Check now' button to see a list of plugins which are not installed on your computer.
Graph View also requires the following to be installed:
- Graphviz. If you can run the Gramps Graph reports then you already have this installed.
All of these should be available in common Linux distributions. For example, Debian packages Goocanvas/PyGoocanvas as libgoocanvas3 and python-pygoocanvas.