This is a Third-party Addon.
Please use carefully on data that is backed up, and help make it better by reporting any comments or problems to the author, or issues to the bug tracker
Available for Gramps 4.x and higher.
This Addon has a collection of unofficial GEDCOM extensions which extend Gramps GedcomWriter to include common non-compliant GEDCOM additions.
If the feature you want is not listed below, then you can either add it yourself, or ask a developer to help you.
Export GEDCOM Extensions
The following GEDCOM Extensions are supported:
- Exports witnesses associated with a family event
- Include media
To run the exporter, select Family Trees > Export.., press Next, on the Choose the output format dialog select "GEDCOM Extensions (GED2)", press Next. On the Export options dialog select the relevant GEDCOM extension option:
- Include witnesses - (checked by default) Exports witnesses associated with a family event
- Include media - (checked by default)
Then press Next, and after selecting the save location and applying the export the data should be exported to a file with the extension ".ged2".
Afterwards, you can change the extension from ".ged2" to ".ged" and treat as a normal GEDCOM file.
There is no associated .ged2 importer in Gramps, so the export is one-way only (out of Gramps). It should be possible for someone to also write an associated GEDCOM importer to handle the extensions to bring them into Gramps as well.
Import GEDCOM Extensions
There are no import extensions currently supported.
See feature request:
- 10550 Refactor Gramps GEDCOM import so as to support GEDCOM extension addons
- The source code is available from addons-source/blob/master/GedcomExtensions/GedcomExtensions.py.