The next version of GRAMPS will be a major release. The 2.2.x code is now in bug-fix only mode. First beta versions of GRAMPS 3.0 should appear in late 2007 or early 2008.
Development of version 3.0 is well under way.
- New interface to the data: Use of a Family Tree manager - completed-Don
- Mark-up in notes: use bold, italics, ... in the notes - completed-Zsolt
- An Undo feature ? TODO (no reason to wait with 3.0)
- Presentation with mark up in some reports ? TODO
- Multiple Shared Notes: every object can have several separate notes - completed-Alex,Don,...
- critical bug #1318 - TODO
- add check/repair functions - TODO
- remove internal note of 2.2.x branch - in progress-Benny
- new GEDCOM parser (import/export) - in progress-Don
- Minor 5.5.1 updates needed.
- Export to spreadsheet/CSV of views - completed-Don
- could be used with CSV import if more options in displayed columns
- Use of GtkPrint for direct printing - in progress-Zsolt
- Simplified database access/Simplified document classes - completed-Don
- XML feature parity with database format - in progress-Benny
- Quick reports + infrastructure - completed-Don,Benny
- Improved Relationship Calculation
- more relationship details, faster, all relationships, new translation API - in progress-Benny
- even faster (on first response), iterated for status bar, re-entrant - in progress-Doug
- Reworked icons - completed-Benny
- Reworked reports
- Standardize and simplify output formats as much as possible
- New gtk-based Print and preview - in progress
- Add the notes - in progress
- Unify GraphViz based reports - in progress (Brian M)
- New type of report output, to screen - in progress-Doug
- New reports
- Familylines - completed
- Kinship report - completed
- Hourglass - completed
- mini reports available from person view (info, all events) - completed
- Refined Calendar reports (first day of week, i18n, displayed names) - completed-Doug
- WebCal, but needs to share code with other calendar-based reports - in progress-Doug
- Move LDS temple info out of const.py and into an XML file - completed
- Export assistant rewrite based on GtkAssistant - completed
- rewrite of export options (on all exports, not only GEDCOM) - in progress
- New Display Name format options (keywords, common name) - completed-Doug
- No need for description - 'in progress-Doug
- New birth/death date estimator tool (adds CAL dates for primary events based on probably alive estimates) - in progress-Doug
- Develop unit testing framework - in progress-Jim
- Consistency review:
- is everything consistent?
- is there good feedback during processing?
- any process that can take more than 2 seconds should have a msg box
- any process that can take more than 10 seconds should have a progress box
- any process that can take more than 60 seconds should have a cancel button on progress box
- is everything consistent?
- Quality review:
- Has GRAMPS passed regression tests?
- Has GRAMPS passed unit tests?
- Does it perform adequately on the large test database?
General TODO list before final release
See TODO file in SVN.
From the ChangeLog you can see much is implemented already.