Development of version 2.3 has started. This should result in the stable 3.0 version somewhere in the future.
Some features which are certain:
- Mark-up in notes: use bold, italics, ... in the notes
- Multiple Notes: every object can have several separate notes
- new GEDCOM parser
- Export to spreadsheet, print, CSV of views
- Move LDS temple info out of const.py and into an XML file
- Remove GCONF, provide up grade path
- Replace the LPRDoc interface (based on gnome-print) with a GTK based print routine. This would remove one of the last gnome-specific libraries, and make portability better. Even more important, the gnome-print interface has been deprecated by the GNOME project, so it will not be around forever. We need to adapt to the new GTK method.
- before release on multiple notes:
--> in note view: only show orphaned notes (notes are NOT in remove orphaned notes tool which is what we want ) --> in note: also public/private on GUI --> on upgrade, the notetype should correspond to the object the note is made from, so notetype SOURCE, SOURCEREF, ... (DONE for GRDB) BENNY, WHY OH WHY DO WE NEED THIS? I want to remove it. Alex. --> in sourceref: * remove text tab. (DONE) * On import of GEDCOM text tag, or upgrade of < 2.2 database, create a note with type TRANSCRIPT (DONE, type SOURCE_TEXT) * On export, do not write the text tag in sourceref, write a note instead (DONE) --> A GrampsWidget for use in report dialogs to select which notetypes to include in a report --> Support for multiple notes in all reports. --> Empty text field on Saving Note should throw an error that Note is empty ! (?) --> Undo in Note. Serious editing needs an undo function. Furthermore, the function the Clear icon is unclear: tooltip? Other icon?
- Date calculator. See
- Add string substitutions for web page generation (name, report name, date, etc).
- Add support for sources of the parent/child relation
- Add support for storing reliability (confidence) of the marriage information; see http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=3066997&forum_id=1993 and http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=3134931&forum_id=1993 for the details.
- Make the descendant graph adapt to the page size, not stuck with the current 3 entries per page.
- Add slideshow generation ability to web page generator
- And a whole lot more....
General TODO list
See the svn todo list for details.